Wednesday 11 December 2013

Day 20: A wish for wilderness, and a sip of whiskey


I went for a walk today, and for a brief time, pretended that I was in the wilderness. I'm tired of the city. I'm tired of its imaginary barriers made of lawns and stucco. Still, I feel comfortable inside on these winter days, and when I'm alone I get a lot done. It's wonderful. Even so, I can't wait to be back in the prairie. Any ways... Let's talk about what I did today.


What on earth was I making, that meant using whiskey at 3 in the afternoon? Whiskey cookies. That's what. I kind of found the idea on a whim (through Etsy, I think...), and then looked up recipes. The result... is delicious.


What kind of face is this. I don't actually know. But somewhere in there, my brain is relishing the soft moistness, and subtle hint of whiskey. The only whiskey we had was Canadian white whiskey, which is really smooth and mild. Thus, it's really subtle in the cookie. If I used a darker whiskey, it would probably be stronger. Whatever the case... They are so tasty. The recipe has the option to add nuts, or dried fruit. I added sliced/chopped almonds. Just for a bit of texture. I really recommend these cookies. Tasty tasty.

I also made...


...What's inside this wrapped box! It's a Christmas gift for my husband. I can't say what it is, or show any pictures (besides the wrapped gift), just in case. Christmas surprise secrets! 

Speaking of Christmas, here are some photos of our Christmas decorations.

 

Lots of candles, candle holders, and deer-related things. Including the beautiful candle-snuffer. Or whatever they're called. I found it at Value Village for $5 last year. It's a beauty, and it's finally seeing action. Ooooh only 14 days until Christmas day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment