Sunday 9 March 2014

Day 107: Daylight Savings and the Official Grimm Fabrications Jacket

I'm not a fan of daylight savings. It strikes me as unnecessary, and I hate having to get up early on the day that it changes, because suddenly I get an hour less of sleep, and that makes me a bit grumpy (that's Mrs. Grumpy Pants to you!). Any ways... ugh. I had to get up earlier today because of set up for Fibre Fortnight. I don't really have anything in it, but I volunteered to help out any ways. I had some work to do, so it ended up hitting two birds with one stone. 

While I was school, I managed to get one layer of my grad piece finished, and I finished my shirts. Such joy! Here's a quick glimpse. 


I'll be talking about them more on my Grimm Fabrications blog

What else did I do today? I began a new side project. I am in the process of making the Official Grimm Fabrications jacket. Are you excited? I'm excited. 

Be warned. I'm really bad at step-by-step documentation. Thus, I only have a couple of photos of the project thus far, but it will probably be finished tomorrow, so no big deal. 

Here is the jacket before I started to mangle it.


I found it at the thrift store in the men's section. It was dark blue, button up... rather boring and about what you would expect. My husband bought it for me, because he has a membership card that allowed him to get 50% all clothing this weekend. It was about $3.50 (can you believe it??). A bargain, and fit me well. Then...

Then I bleached it. And got it to a nice shade of lighter worn blue. Below is a blurry photo of my hand rinsing the jacket.


Since I've been writing this, the jacket has come out of the dryer. It's nice and soft, and I think it'll be a nice weight for summer time. I'm going to decorate it, and make it the jacket of Grimm Fabrications. Just wait!

Today's happy day photo has to do with the jacket. Day 4. Bathroom selfie while washing out a bleached denim jacket. Arts and crafts forever! There's no better arm work out than fibre arts.


It feels really good to be doing something new. A nice diversion from my every day activities... while still getting all of the important stuff done, naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment