Sunday 4 August 2013

Day 273: Premonitions, Ghosts, and Hares


We needed a break from... everything... so we adventured away and enjoyed ourselves. We ended up going to Heritage Park. We weren't there for very long because it was the very end of the day, but I think that we would go back in a heartbeat. It was a quick skim through everything, plus some purchasing of old-timey rule  and etiquette sheets, but it was really interesting. I'm forever amused by historical villages and talking to people in costumes. Especially when I can have a conversation with the woman in the hospital house and it goes something like...

"Are you ill? Do you need me to practice any medical techniques on you? Do you fee alright?"
"Oh, I believe so. I often feel quite faint, but I think that it is because of my tightly laced corset."
"Oh yes. I suggest that you go out and get some fresh air, and breath as deeply as your corset will allow you."
"Thank you for the suggestion. However, may we go upstairs?"
"Oh yes! Just be sure to not faint while walking up the stairs. It would be most unfortunate for your corset to do you in, and cause you to stumble down the stairs."
"I'll make sure that I walk in front of my gentleman companion. That way, if I do faint, he can catch me."
"Oh good! What a polite and fine gentleman he is!"
"Thank you, Madam!"

I think that the woman and I amused the other visitors. I wasn't actually wearing a corset, but the idea of corsets making women pass out just amuses me to no end.

In other news... Ghostly premonitions. I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but sometimes I have bad vibes in certain places. Y'know, feelings that are an anxious combination of being watched, plus not being meant to be somewhere, plus other feelings of misplacement and discomfort. This happened while in the Prince House. I was really anxious and uncomfortable on the second floor, particularly around the nursery, and to a moderately lesser extent, the master bedroom. I had to leave the second floor quite quickly. I went back upstairs again when it was quieter, on the off chance that I was just feeling anxious because of the number of people in the upstairs. Still, bad feelings. Same anxiety, suffocating discomfort and unpleasantness. As soon as I was downstairs again and out of the building I started to feel better, but still anxious. 

Later, we went to the gift shop and we found a small booklet of 'Ghost Stories of Heritage Park'. A $4 book of the history behind buildings, plus different staff and visitor's spooooky experiences. Naturally, when I started reading it, I found a chapter on... The Prince House.

Again, I avoid believing in ghosts. I've had experiences and feelings that should cause me to believe in ESP and premonitions and ghostly entities, but I'm way too much of a huge skeptic. Now, going into Heritage Park, I had heard that some houses and buildings were haunted. As far as I was aware, only the Gasoline Alley was haunted. So... I had no idea that the Prince House is allegedly haunted. Frankly, it freaks me out a bit. 

WHAT IS GOING ON...

In other news, I became a deer...


And I had a delightful encounter with a fine lagomorph.


Heritage Park. We will return. Just... maybe not to the Prince House.

No comments:

Post a Comment