Monday 12 August 2013

Day 281: Food

 

 

I was cooking food all day. It was fantastic. It makes me feel really accomplished. Especially when I'm making supper and I time it so that it's pretty much ready the moment my fiancee comes through the door after he's been working all day. Makes me feel like I'm doing my job as a fiancee/wife-to-be (especially since he does same for me when I've been working all day and he's been home). 

I'll explain the photos in clockwise order, starting in the top left corner.
1. I wanted to make something summer-y and light. It consists of stir-fry beef (cooked with olive oil and a bit of balsalmic vinegar), iceberg lettuce, and parmesan tomatoes. I also made salad dressing.
2. For Christmas, my siblings and I were given our own salad spinners, and they're pretty much the greatest ever. They have a crank turner instead of the turner-handle-thing that is on top of the lid. Does this make sense? Either way, it's so easy and man. It gets your lettuce spun good and dry. Also, they came with salad dressing mixers. I used mine today. I mixed lemon juice, olive oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. It made for a nice and light tasting, and very zesty. Mixed all together... Delicious.
3. Gluten-free cookies. I replaced the flour in a recipe with gluten-free so that our roommate could eat some. They're really tasty... but pretty much the most crumbly thing ever.
4. Double chocolate spicy cookies.  Seriously delicious. They start off nice and dark because of the cocoa, and then the cayenne pepper hits you with this warmth of spiciness. I highly recommend the recipe. 

Productivity and creativity in the way of meals... And I started at about 8 or 9 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment