Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 2: Brass and Wool




For some reason, I decided to make a thorn-inspired tiara out of brass wire. It kind of came from an interest in the idea of crowns of thorns, royalty, and things of the like. I want to add more to it, and make it more extravagant, with more "thorns". I don't know what it means to me, or what it mean to anyone else. I think that maybe I was just thinking about fantasy and fairy tales. Maybe something interesting will come out of it.

Along with that, I started knitting again. The needles I'm using are stupidly small gauge, so the knitting is really dense. I'm going to end up making a headband/ ear warmer. It seems like the best idea. I wanted to knit a really long scarf, and maybe I still will... but we'll see. I'll just keep knitting until I feel the need to stop. If that means a headband, fine. But if that means something cool like a super long scarf that I could many add fox fur or a fox tail to... Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment