Thursday 8 November 2012

Day 4: And it snowed


Last night is started snowing. Today is snowed...
                                                              And snowed....
                                                                     And snowed....
This inspired me to start making Christmas decorations. I made garlands!

I know, to some it might seem really early to prepare for Christmas. I mean, Advent hasn't even started, right? Well... true... But still. The snow was just so white and perfect, and nostalgia took my mind soaring to Christmases past, and like Scrooge on Christmas Day, I loved the holiday and the season and wanted to celebrate and drink hot chocolate and be joyous.

Of course, it's a tad too early to be celebrating the official holiday. However, that doesn't mean that I can't start preparing to decorate my apartment. A couple of days ago I started cleaning my room, and now it's becoming tidy! It causes even more incentive for me to want to decorate it in winter-y wonder, now that it's lovely and snowy white outside.

Now... The garlands! I made several short start garlands out of white thread, cotton, silver paint, and glass beads. I made a longer garland out of silver embroidery thread and vintage buttons. Lots of pearly and white buttons. I unintentionally when for a 'shabby chic' theme. Now I just need some kind of evergreen garland. It will be so beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment