Wednesday 28 November 2012

Day 24: When art influences art

First of all, y'know when I mentioned how it would be weird if there was a connection between The Sleep of Reason Produces Nightmares and The Raft of the Medusa? Well, apparently Google thinks there is.

But what relates them?!
That being said, I did a version of The Sleep of Reason Produces Nightmares. I spent most of the day drawing in my newly discovered style, and doing versions of famous artworks. Also religious icons (Jesus and Virgin Mary). It seemed like the best use of time, and I'm pleased with the results.


These are a couple other examples of drawings... I made them all while listening to Astronautalis. Interestingly enough, I find his music really inspiring, and really good background music for creating art, especially ink and gouache based illustration. There's something about really extensive and story-based lyrics that cause for a good working space within one's mind.


Left to right: Sacred Heart Christ and Will There Be Enough Water (From Gericault's 'The Raft of the Medusa' and the Dead Weather)

No comments:

Post a Comment