Tuesday 3 December 2013

Day 12: A day ahead

As of late, I feel like every blog I write is recording the previous day, and its events. I think that is partially because I keep lumping days together. The lack of internet complicates life. It can be rather nice, but it's also rather frustrating. Especially with the past few days, what with the blizzard and all. I'm tired of winter. I'm tired of freezing winds, and watching icicles form on eyelashes. Tired of walking through drifts and watching vehicles fishtailing out of control.

Today I am rather tired. I think the combination between the end of semester, and the short, cold, days is taking a toll on my psyche. The result is evenings curled up on the couch, listening to the wind. I've spent most of today thinking that the sun never came up. 

This all sounds rather dreary, doesn't it? Apologies. I think the sensation of cabin fever is giving me some form of winter blues. Not to mention the dull critique that I've spent my morning in. Whatever the case, it's likely not as dreary as I'm making it out to seem. All of this being said, I don't think that I'll be posting anything terribly interesting today. My plan is to get back on track in terms of what days I'm posting about what. Then again, the whole day ahead/day behind thing is probably because I am writing about the previous day's things on the day I am on, and that is written while I am at school, and before I have anything to talk about, because I haven't made that day's creative things yet. That is not a concise train of thought. 

So, I have nothing to show for today. Hopefully (maybe, just maybe) the internet will be fixed tomorrow (as has been promised to us) and I will be able to post about what I'm doing tomorrow, on tomorrow. That's the dream. Otherwise I will have to continue on this horrific spin into oblivion. Here's hoping for the best!

In other news, my husband convinced me to try the game Skyrim. I wasn't expecting to like it... and then I played it for almost three hours with noticing where time went. That's a bit frightening! But now it's one of my new favourite things. I'm not sticking to the main game, and all I do is set things on fire, steal things, and pick locks. Some people might be concerned, and rightfully so. I am amused by the game. My RPG character is a female wood elf named Douglass Fir (named after the tree, but made to be 'lass'). Who knew that I would find a video game that I like? And will probably waste most of my Friday playing (hurray for no work and no school! I just have to make supper!). All so very exciting. And with that, I wish you good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment