Friday 13 December 2013

Day 22: Wolfish...ly... again.

More wolves. I'm still stuck on those proverbs. Today I was with my husband all day, hanging out with him and his friends, and going to the screening of his class' half hour shows. It was a grand time. Naturally, though, if I get bored or feel like I've run out of things to say to people, or feel like I can't really contribute to conversations, or just feel like listening, I just whip out my sketchbook and doodle instead. Here are the doodles from today.

Side note: Did you know that you can get anything put on a mug if you go to Wal-Mart? I'm taking advantage of this new found information.


All of the above are more imaginary creatures than representations of actual animals. Definitely based off of wolves and foxes, but inspired by graphic designs I've been thinking about and seeing recently. Also, I like curiously terrifying shadow creatures? And that proverb. It's been stuck in my head, rattling around in my skull. I need the wilderness. I can feel it in my bones. 


I had drawn another imaginary wolf-fox-canid creature, and my husband said that it looked like a wolf risen from the grave to kill him. I countered him by drawing a literal wolf-fox-canid-thing risen from the grave to kill someone. I has stitches, and looks way more like a fox than a wolf. I guess I have inclinations towards vulpes?


Last but not least, my bored vampire. Blah. Maybe not bored, but discontented? Nothing is more dramatic or exciting than a discontented vampire. That's why Twilight was so successful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment