Monday 23 December 2013

Day 31 and 32: The long drive home, and trimming the tree

In case you were wondering why I didn't post yesterday...


We drove home from Saskatchewan. It always feels like a longer drive. Heading to Saskatchewan, it goes by like a flash. Yet, returning to Calgary... Five hours suddenly stretches to what feels like seven or eight hours. By the time we got home, and had unpacked and such, I felt so exhausted. It's also really difficult to get motivated during the holidays. I would rather curl up and hibernate. Such laziness...


Today we went to Michaels, mostly because we didn't have a star for our tree, and we felt like we wanted to have something. We bought a package of gold holographic cardboard star ornaments to craft into a tree topper, and we also found some wonderful little fox ornaments. Everything Christmas was 70% off, so we got these three things for under $2. Which is a bargain!


To make the tree topper, we simply took two of the stars, and cut little notches into them. We then slid the pieces together, and ta-da! A three-dimensional, holographic, gold star upon our tree!  What a fun little activity for the two of us.

I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I'm so excited! We had supper with my brother and his girlfriend, and we got the leftovers, so we're going to have Chinese food for brunch (we're so well fed... and healthy...), and then it's going to be a rich day of preparing for Christmas day. I'm terribly excited. Movies, Christmas Eve Mass, tortiere, and The Shepherd. All shared with my lovely husband. I'm going to miss being with my family, but that's understandable. It's the first  Christmas that I'll be away from my family, but I'm sure that it will be a good one. I'm still so happy that I was able to be in Saskatchewan, however briefly. I'm so excited for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment