Sunday 29 December 2013

Day 38: Parkade Escape

My husband and I experienced the horrors that is an underground mall parking lot on a Sunday. We came up with the idea of a multi-level video game called "Parkade Escape". We have since leveled up in parking lot navigational skills.

Images left to right. 1) Expression of disdain towards people who drive SUVs and try to squeeze into tight spots. After holding up three cars while waiting for a spot. And then having to back up because they didn't give the leaving car enough space. 2) +20 to driving dexterity. 3) We beat 'Parkade Escape'! Achievements gained. Level up. 


Later I discovered that there actually are games that focus on parking cars. I shouldn't be surprised, and yet... I have to wonder whether people actually enjoy playing games where parking cars is the focus. Any ways, it loos like this. 


"Parking Lot Master". Not my idea of a good time, but hey. To each their own. At least my husband and I grew together as we navigated our way out of the puzzle that is the parking lot. 

Prior to, and after the parking experience, we had a lovely Sunday. Brunch with my sister and her husband, and then we went to Crossroads market, and later the mall. To get a few things, and just wander around. 

Right now we are at home, watching Lawless. Good film thus far. Bootlegging is a neat basis for a story, and Tom Hardy is such a good actor. Makes me want to watch Bronson again. 

Before we settled down with some Russian Caravan tea, and our movie, we did our last few voice recordings for an animated show that a friend of ours is making. Our friend runs SC Entertainment, and we do things with and for them every now and then. Right now he is making a show called Dorriss Doom. So far he has released the first two episodes. My voice isn't until later on, and very briefly. Probably for the best. I'm not cut out to be a voice actor. I did four versions of my lines, and we'll see which one is chosen. I did 1) My normal voice. 2) A pseudo-Bob Dylan. 3) A wheezy Kevin Macdonald-like voice. 4) Horrible Pythonesque French accent.

Here are the first two episodes. Enjoy!


Now. Tea! And drawing.

Oh! Also. Almost forgot. Guess whaaaat! I ordered more faux fur, and some printed fabric from Spoonflower. When it arrives I will be making "The Hell Hound". A Supernatural inspired hood. I'm so excited. For the first while it will be a limited run of roughly four hoods. Fortunately, because I ordered the printed fabric from Spoonflower, I can get more whenever I need. Wonderful! I hope that the hoods will do well! Details to follow... Hopefully by February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment