Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 248: Attempting going to Round-Up

This time of year is the Calgary Stampede. I got tickets to one of the Round-Ups, which is basically a huge outdoor festival with bands and lots of beer. Because of my work, I got two tickets for free. It was extremely hot, so we got some free food (some very, very, good beef on a bun with BBQ sauce that was nice and spicy), and then managed to get some water and then called it a day. It was really, really, loud, with lots of sweaty people in cowboy hats. Not really my scene, though it felt strangely familiar. Ultimately, worth it for the free food... Though we didn't stick around for Def Leppard after all. 

Now it's hot and I'm tired... And I don't much feel like sharing any art work or any drawings. I'm just going to drink some refreshing beverages and re-watch Supernatural


Oh! Also. Excitement. Today I received a prize in my mail! Literally. I won this book for submitting a caption for a photo. On Facebook, I am a fan of Montana Historical Society. Because... y'know. I love Montana. And I love history. A combination of the two kind of makes my heart flutter. The photo that I captioned was a photo of Custer and his wife. Y'know. Custer of Little Bighorn fame Custer. This is a book on the Battle of the Little Bighorn. I've always felt like I should read more about Little Bighorn, because of the ties to Fort Walsh. It's also an important part of Montana  history. This book is a collection of essays about the Battle of Little Bighorn. I'm looking forward to reading it! Also, the book came along with all kinds of Montana Historical Society paper things, such as providing me with the option to subscribe to the Montana Historical Society and such. What's even cooler is the fact that the Montana Historical Society was excited that I was a Canadian, and therefore they had international entries. Neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment