Thursday 25 July 2013

Day 263: You are a galaxy


The phrase 'you are a galaxy' popped into my head yesterday or the day before. I'm really not sure what it means, if anything. It simply made itself known, loudly and full of certainty, and I have adopted it as a phrase that I am quite fond of. I have been quite fascinated with the notion of tattoos and imprinting oneself with ink, and I like the idea of words being on skin. Simple phrases that are open to interpretation... That and dates. Years, particularly. Such a large part of me wants to get a tattoo. I'm just adamant that I should have an important event or occurrence in my life in order to get something so permanent. It's not like my snake bites that I only had for a few months. Though I admit, I miss them. Not enough to get them re-pierced... but I do miss them. I'm probably a lot more employable without, but nonetheless.... At least tattoos you can hide depending on the placement. Whatever the case, phrases like 'you are the wilderness' (a phrase from a song that I am quite fond of), and 'there's a wolf in my heart' (from the same song, I believe), and 'you are a galaxy' and so many other phrases and dates... They are things that I want to be part of me forever. Oh, late night musings. I would be asleep by now, but we had to drive back to Airdrie after my fiancee left his backpack at a coffee shop. I didn't want him driving alone because it was storming. Worth it. We had some good discussions. Even better, we felt at peace. We had spoken to his roommate beforehand, and everything is calmer. Life finds a way of being interesting, but it also finds its way of being a little less stormy. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment