Thursday 18 July 2013

Day 256: Adventures

Not much to speak of. Drew quite a bit today. Then, after work we ran to a couple of places to get some last minute things for a tea party on Saturday. I picked up some fake flowers at the dollar store to experiment with making flower headbands (ooooh!) and at Value Village I found some old copies of Charles Dickens books (my heart!) and a corset. The corset fits me perfectly, is red and black satin with lace accents, has busks, and was a whopping $7 (the least I've ever paid for a corset from a thrift store! And it's steel boning!). I have lots of ideas for it, and better yet, I now have an example for how I can put in busks into corsets. Good to know, and will probably come in handy (ooooh! There are so many new things coming from the deep dark woods! This fall...). And finally... I have an overbust corset! High time!

Also while at Value Village, we ran into a friend/acquaintance of ours from the Steampunk Assemblage. We ended up going to wing night with him, and many good times were had. It's always cool to hang out with other steampunks, away from the big group, in settings that are less steampunk. Bonus, he properly tied my corset, which was good. Oh steampunks. They are valuable to have around. They are the folks who know how to properly lace a corset, make decorative prop ray guns out of lamps, create exciting hats, make goggles, and all of the other interesting skills that anyone could possibly want to learn. Wonderful, really. 

In related news, I missed wearing corsets. It's like getting a permanent hug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment