Saturday 20 July 2013

Day 258: White Rabbit


Today was the Wonderland Tea Party with all of the beloved Steampunks. Because it's summer, I opted for a 1920s inspired White Rabbit, wearing a white dress and shirt, pearls, and my oxford style shoes. Ultimately, I could have been the White Queen, but the pocket watch alludes to being the White Rabbit. Ish? I had hoped to have kid gloves and a fan, as that seemed essential, but no luck. Still, art deco era White Rabbit is just fun to do. It was also fun to be completely different in how I was dressed. Still period correct for the most part, just not Victorian era. So, not really steampunk... Nonetheless...

I found a white drop-waist dress and a fringey white embroidered top at Urban Outfitters in the sale section, and the other bits are pieces that I either had or found at Claire's and Ardene's. My makeup was inspired by a couple of things, but ultimately included a white band of makeup across the eyes and face, with a bit of red lip liner as eyeliner (tis a white rabbit, afterall! White Rabbits have pink eyes! Often enough...), and I drew a red heart on my face, using the same red lip liner. Simple, but quite effective. 


Two types of editing at work here... But they give an overall sense. Just for your information, I am bending over in the right photo because I found a white moth and it was so calm. Maybe too calm, because an ant was crawling all over it. I was trying to safe the moth from the annoying discomfort and possibly absolute downfall of having an ant crawling over it.

Now... bed. I think I might actually sleep tonight. Maybe because I got fresh air for over five hours and lots of sun (without getting sun... I was well covered in sunscreen, and stuck to the shade) I will sleep well tonight. Here's hoping! I was virtually useless for the four hours that I was at work today (I had booked the afternoon off a few months ago because of Wonderland... and I almost didn't go because of the anxiety and exhaustion. I'm glad that I did... but I just barely attended).

No comments:

Post a Comment