Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 101: PIE!


Ooooooh I'm proud of myself! I made my first pie! Now I wish that I had taken my Dad up on his attempts to get me to make pie by "teaching" me how. The recipe I used for the pastry really wasn't very good, but it's acceptable, and it made enough for six pies. Note, I did not make six pies. However, I now have five pies worth of pastry in my freezer, waiting to be used for things like, oh, I don't know... Chicken pot pie, quiche, meat pie, apple pie.... Mmmmmm! 

It was the easiest pie to make filling-wise. Cherry. Step 1: Open can. And from that it only gets easier. Still, cherry is one of my personal favourites (which is weird, because red fruit has always been unappealing to me. Growing up, I refused to eat red fruits, except for raspberries. I'm less insane now, but I always have the thought in the back of my mind that animals tend to not eat red berries and fruits because it's usually not a good thing. Still, I like cherries and thus the desired pie filling). Being me, I decided to be creative and make it polka dot and cut out an anatomical heart to put on top. Makes it seem gorier than it should, because of the whole internal organ reference, but I wasn't really thinking about that when I made it. Unless it was a subconscious decision? That's disconcerting... 

Any ways, I'm so proud of myself. I'm going to bake and cook so much over the next bit. I made pretzels (nom), and I made pie (eee!), and I'm thinking about making it my goal to make everything that is on my Pinterest board. So many good recipes, and man... I adore cooking! And baking. More so baking. I mostly just like being in a kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment