Saturday 16 February 2013

Day 104: Expedition to Africa and Beyond

What can I say? I absolutely adore assembling a great Steampunk outfit, and having an excuse to wear it out and about. Today's reason was a steampunk event, at the Calgary Zoo, surrounded by all kinds of fantastic steampunks. What a magnificent community.

Though we were adventuring to Africa and foreign lands, I opted for a cabin-style Old West steampunk outfit. This outfit included...
-tinted glasses (with a loupe)
-choker with fake tooth
-Family Roots necklace
-bullet necklace
-vintage 1850s style grey jacket
-black underbust corset
-white lace blouse
-vintage white skirt with lace trim
-handmade bustle/overskirt
-two fox tails
-canvas bag with rabbit pelt pinned to it
-Leather skirt (worn as shawl)
-Vintage/antique shawl with fringe and embroidery
-kid boots
-lace trim socks
-leggings
-fingerless gloves
-camera (which I created a case for, so that it would not impede my outfit if I chose to take photographs.

All in all, so happy! I did not take the photograph, though I edited it... but thank you to the fantastic steampunk who took it (you know who you are, if you happen to find this... Thanks!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment