Tuesday 5 February 2013

Day 93: Boondock Saints/Walking Dead

In April, one of the guests at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo is going to be Norman Reedus. He is one of my favourite actors, as well as my favourite person to appear on a Lady Gaga video (other than Lady Gaga herself). You will probably recognize him as Darryl Dixon from The Walking Dead. For those of you who are keen cult movie followers, you may also know him from Boondock Saints. As I am quite fond of his talent, I am contemplating waiting in line to meet him. I may not. Still, I have a still-growing tradition of doing tattoo designs based off of the characters that the actor portrayed. Or at least, my favourite role of that actor. Last year I thought about meeting Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly), and I started a design based off of Jayne's favourite gun, Vera. This year, I decided to do a design based off of both Boondock Saints and The Walking Dead.


This is the first draft that I sketched. I want to replace the text in the top banner with something else. Without that top banner, it isn't as balanced. I'm also not super good at drawing a Cherokee Rose... but that can be solved eventually. This is only the first go, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment