Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 90: Young Blood


At the moment, I am extremely exhausted. I am going to go to sleep soon. I was going to work on projects, but when I got home, I got into my pyjamas and curled up in a quilt. After that, I was drained and had zero desire to work on anything. Instead, I decided that I would just draw a little bit. 

The image above is a photograph from WWII that I found. As you can see, it is a young boy, wearing a men's uniform, far too large for him. I don't know the history behind this image... but it shook me and fills me with sorrow. His facial expression... his age. That war. I decided that I needed to draw the boy in the photograph. Or, at least, attempt drawing him. 


Not a perfect rendition. Still, for me it's just the fact that it instils a huge emotional reaction, that meant I should draw it, and try to think through what this photograph really means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment