Friday 15 February 2013

Day 103: Steampunk Transformations




A friend of mine and I are going to be joining a group of fellow steampunks on an expedition to Africa. By which I mean, we are going to go the Calgary Zoo for adventure and discovery. It should be grand. I am putting together a fantastic steampunk outfit (complete with a longer, more Victorian, skirt!), and I decided that I didn't want to impede any of my steampunkness with anything that looks modern. And so... I made a case for my camera to make it look cool. It turned out pretty well, except for the fact that you can see hot glue everywhere, and my craft isn't perfect. It would have been better, but I don't have a clue as to where my Weldbond glue has gone. When I find it, I'll try to fix up my camera a bit. Now... Can you guess what I made the case from? It's 90% upcycled. 

It is made from a wallet, a lens from a pair of goggles, parts from a salt and pepper shaker set, and a leather belt. The only aspects that are not from used things or old source are the eyelets, glue, and suede cord for the lacing. All in all... Not too shabby! I really want to fix it up and make it perfect, but that is for another day! Now, off to have lunch, and then think about steampunk outfit for tomorrow a little bit more. Then off to meet a friend to go to a gallery. After I get dressed, of course. Pajamas afternoon for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment