Sunday 1 September 2013

Day 301: Studio Space and Postcrossing


Finally! I set up my "craft corner" (a.k.a. my legitimate work and studio space) in our house. It's cozy and it's mine. Mostly. My husband might end up using it (if he wants to), but for now it's my business-school-art-extraordinaire-wonder-spot. It's really nice to have a nice big work space, with all of my inspirational things around me. Not to mention the fact that I'm set up next to our huge window, and it lets in a lot of natural light. 

Now, excuse me for a moment as I quench a craving for raw fruits and vegetables. Mmm delicious grapes and yellow pepper.

Ahem. Where was I? Ah yes. Along with setting up a nice work space, I also returned to being part of Postcrossing.  Postcrossing is an international community, where you receive an address at random, and then you send a postcard to that address. Within a few weeks, you will also receive a postcard, from a random person somewhere in the world. I have received postcards from Luxemburg, Las Vegas, China, Germany, and a couple other places. I have sent postcards to several places, and it's truly fascinating. The postcards you receive! It's a marvel. To be a part of it is the cost of a postage stamp and a postcard (or however many you send). It's just amazing to be part of the global community, and have parargraph-long interactions with people from all around the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment