Saturday 14 September 2013

Day 314: 1920s Birthday Party


It's a little after midnight, and I just returned from a 1920s themed birthday party. I forgot to take photos of my outfit, but it was truly divine (if I might say so myself). The addition of a lace fringed shawl and a fur collar fashioned into a stole made for a very glamorous Ziegfeld-style outfit. I am now exhausted from an evening of good music, entertaining conversation, and drinking champagne (by which I mean one glass). The above photo is a just a glimpse to the actual wonderment that was a Twenties themed party. My husband's friend appreciated that we set the bar for class and 1920s-ishness. (With myself modeled after Ziegfeld girls, and my husband looking suspiciously like Nick Carraway.)

Today was a good day. We watched a great deal of Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse, I made cupcakes for tomorrow (I still need to ice them, though), and we decorated and organized for our Batman party tomorrow. More on that later.... But all in all a good day, with lots of interesting productivity. Nevermind the fact that I was in my pajamas until three in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment