Thursday 19 September 2013

Day 319: International Talk Like A Pirate Day


A long day at school. I kept yawning and being tired and sleepy... But it was still a good day at school. Though I've got to say- critiques in second year classes are so much different than in fourth year. It's just so... different. Pretty much everything begins with 'I like...', and nothing is really questioned. Not to mention the fact that most of the work isn't really concept heavy, and therefore it's sometimes not very interesting to look at. Ah well... At least it's hit me that I actually do consider my work, am well-read, and my work does have a certain degree of depth. It's good to actually be reminded of that... Or just realize it in general.

In other news, today was International Talk Like A Pirate Day ("Ahoy there mateys! Raise the sails and set yerselves fer mighty adventure!" ...To be honest, my pirate speech needs practice). To celebrate, my husband and I made popcorn, hot chocolate and watched Pirates! Band of Misfits. It was great. I made the hot chocolate from scratch, stove style. I didn't follow a recipe, but went strictly off of memory. What I did was I heated the milk in a pot on the stove. While that was heating, I made a paste (or rather, a concentrated mixture) of cocoa powder, sugar, and a bit of milk. Finally, when the milk was heated, I stirred it into the mixtures. It was delicious. It will likely be a regular thing.

Now, to bed. We stayed up a bit later watching the film, and now we're ready to fall asleep on the couch. Tomorrow is my day off, and who knows what adventures it might bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment