Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 326: Cataraxe


I played around with some cataract lenses, and decided to do some weird possession-inspired makeup. It's really similar to some Rob Zombie-inspired makeup that I did a while ago... but that's mostly because it's a visual aesthetic that I enjoy. 

I really like the cataract lenses. They're semi-transparent white, so they fade the colour of the eye. It's weird to look through them. I normally wear corrective lenses, but you can't wear corrective lenses with costume lenses. So, it's blurry for me, but along with that, it's like being in a steamy room or in a fog. Interesting, and not as blinding as other white lenses (from what I understand). I like the lenses because it's a very subtle change, but enough to add a hit of death and decay. Which is perfect for my Lizzie Borden inspired Halloween costume (which will probably utilize makeup similar to this).


Countdown to October and the season of All Hallow's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment