Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 186: Further adventures in... you guessed it... Drawing


I'm becoming a little bit bitter against my sketchbook. Mostly because I don't really do any full rendered drawings, but only doodles. Along with only feeling like I doodle, I feel like those doodles are the only thing I post about. Probably untrue. Still, I feel like I make posts featuring my sketchbook pages quite often. I simply don't feel dedicated enough to do anything bigger, and I don't necessarily want to start any projects when I can't finish them that day. Also, when it's between +19 degrees Celsius and +25, it's impossible to want to be inside for too long. I made cupcakes, drank tea, and then I went a met a few friend for lunch. We met at a Steamup, and she added me to Facebook. It turned out that we had a couple of mutual friends, and when she posted on Facebook saying that she would like accompaniment for lunch on such a beautiful day. It seemed like a good opportunity to not be cooped up in my house, and it was a lovely lunch time visit. Complete with sitting by water and watching ducks and geese. Lots of discussing about costuming and being geeks and steampunks. It's always nice to have new friends who are enthusiastic about the same things, and might be lunchtime buddies when I start working (if I get a long enough of a lunch break, that is). Yay! Any ways, the drawing to the left is inspired by a steampunk-Goose-Duck-Lady-Black swan-White swan conversation we had. A fine afternoon! Much better to have lunch with a lovely individual than be cooped up inside a frigid apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment