Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 200: Charles Dickens


I made a tank top that reads 'Charles Dickens is my homeboy'. Apparently this is what happens when I have boredom combined with a brand new book on Charles Dickens. I do like Charles Dickens. I haven't even read that many of his books. Still, I am in love with what he writes, and what he stands for. I found the most amazing book at Chapters. Well, I found seven amazing books. All of which were in the bargain section (thus, before the Charles Dickens book, six books costed me the equivalent of one of the books at normal price, and they are all amazing). The book on Charles Dickens that I bought is 200 hundred years of Charles Dickens (1812-2012), and it has copies and reproductions of ephemera that Charles Dickens wrote or made or was involved with. Copies of photographs, play books, manuscripts, et cetera. It is so gloriously beautiful. He was a wonderful person. I found a quote of his that I am quite fond of, especially in this day and age.

"Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true."

No comments:

Post a Comment