Thursday 16 May 2013

Day 193: Cookies!

Does it count when I post about the same recipe more than once on this blog? It would be more creative and adventurous to try a different recipe... but chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are so perfect. Especially after a long day, and even more so when it's overcast and just a little chilly outside. I had the best intentions of doing something creative today. But, alas... All I wanted was to go for a walk (check), watch Doctor Who (check), eat fresh baked cookies (check!), and retire to bed. So despite the fact I didn't make any art (except for the brilliant art-based things I did at work... FYI I am quite excellent at drawing balloon animals using chalk), I am satisfied in what I accomplished today, both at work and after work. Still, working wears me out. I don't remember being this tired when I worked at my last museum. Maybe it's the fact that I only have a half hour lunch and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take breaks or not. Whatever the case... I get a lot done in a day and I'm making a decent wage. For that, I am happy. Hopefully I'll start motivating myself to clean my room and tidy my work space, and then in evenings I'll get into the groove of actually making art and working on projects (other than reading and watching Doctor Who and going to bed early). I have so many things that I need to catch up on. I need to finish assembling a wedding gift for two of my friends, and finish my Gatsby outfit (I think I figured out how to make my dress more 1920s-like. Or I'll just add a longer skirt over top) for this weekend. Then I need to start making my wedding dress, fix a fox tail, start on a commission project, make several cake stands, start working on wedding invites and...and...!! Busy busy. I might have to get help after all. Good news is, my fiancee has plenty of time on his hands, so I will be roping him into making some stuff too (reluctantly... I do really want to make everything myself because it seems like it'll be fun). I've been busy to the point that my room is a disaster, and I still haven't unpacked or cleaned my most recent antique purchase! It's a beautiful invalid tea cup that I saw a few months ago, and it was there once again, as if waiting for me. I needed to take it home. Especially for the $2.95 that it costed me... er... my fiancee (I didn't have cash, and I couldn't use my debit card. So... thanks, sweetie!). I think I'll make sure that I at least do that amidst all of the excitement of this weekend. Then I will slowly work towards organization. I could just do a little bit every time I get home from work. I'm just too drained by the time I get home, eat a small meal, and drink some tea. Also, I've been spending more time going for walks because of the lovely weather. A few bugs... but still. Not too hot, not too cold. Just a light dappling of rain. Though it does make me wish that my neighbourhood was a bit nicer and was closer to a park of some kind. 

Well... That was a sufficient summary of my life, I think. Tomorrow evening I was supposed to go to see the new Star Trek movie, but I decided that a night at home would be best. A night of baking vegan and gluten free treats (or treat... depends on my supplies), sleep, and wrapping wedding presents. I'm so excited for Saturday! And the weekend on a whole. But especially Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment