Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 192: Deformities and American Legends




This evening, after running to meet with a client and after having a lovely and peaceful walk in spitting rain, I settled down and read some interesting stories of how weird the United States can be. At least, as far as its unheard of urban legends, ghost stories, and bizarre locations go. What can I say? I'm fascinated with the odd, especially when it's historical. It's so easy to riff off of it and make something truly weird, especially because truth is always stranger than fiction. It's almost beautiful, in a way. 

Any ways, reading weird things led me to an idea about inbred spawn being abandoned and thrown away by an aristocratic family that marries its cousins. Based off of one phrase from a story I read. The story I'm writing is mostly about the inbred spawn, and those who survived being tossed into the woods. I'm thinking that I'm just going to write a bunch of short graphic stories based off of stories like this. Some more loosely based than others. Some made more terrifying than others. Many elaborated upon and embellished, the truth twisted into a disfigured knot that will hopefully make the reader cringe and become desperate for more horror. 

What can I say. I like the idea of writing horror stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment