Wednesday 9 January 2013

Day 66: Patterns


New projects based off of old projects. Again, technically I'm cheating. The above patterns that I was working on (and will continue with tomorrow) are for two projects. One (the majority of the pieces shown) are for an installation/museum display/garment portrait series I'll be working on for my mixed media class. It is going to be a dramatized and elaborate doctor's/ mortician's frock coat thing. Hard to explain. It's modelled after various stereotypical images of a what a doctor's coat is, and I'm hoping to make it look like it is crusted with blood and pus and such. What can I say? I have been heavily influenced by CBC's White Coat, Black Art. Any ways, that's for school. So... it doesn't really count as additional creativity.

However, I came up with a design for a costume that I'm going to make for Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo this spring. I liked the idea of doing a White Rabbit (from Alice in Wonderland) costume, so I'm going to do a steampunk-esque costume. I didn't take photos of the costume to post, because it's not perfect yet (and I'd rather wait to post photos of the actual costume). Any ways, the pattern for the waist coat I'm going to make is somewhere in this photograph (just kidding,  it's symbolic). 

No comments:

Post a Comment