Thursday 24 January 2013

Day 81: Mary Toft II


Work in progress... Mary Toft doll! I am currently in the process of making her 18th century British outfit, and I will be attempting needle-felted baby rabbits to go inside her belly. It's going to be so cool when she's finished! I like making art dolls based on historical figures and concepts. I think I'll start posting them to Etsy soon. Though I'm becoming oddly attached to all of them... I just like them! I'm quite pleased with their quirks and hidden secrets and embroidered bodies. I have so many planned out. Houdini, circus folk, Poe, Tesla, maybe even Andy Warhol! A friend of mine also suggested making a Typhoid Mary doll.... which would be really cool. I want to do several dolls based on diseases and medical phenomenon. I'll post all of my dolls in their full on my other blog really soon... Especially after Marie Antoinette is 100% finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment