Sunday 27 January 2013

Day 84: Harry Houdini


"My brain is the key that sets me free." - Harry Houdini

This. Is a masterpiece in progress. Harry Houdini: The Art Doll. His body is flexible, so that he can fold and fit into a small box, awaiting the astonishing escape that will awe onlookers. The box is going to be bound with locks and chains, making the grand escape even more fantastic. 

I'm really pleased with this art doll. The doll doesn't look super like Harry Houdini (I used wig hair, which seemed like a good idea, but I wasn't able to get the shape of Harry Houdini's hair quite right... Which is too bad, since the shape of his hair was kind unique. Still, the shape of the doll's head is completely different, so that will make a difference), but all of the clothing pieces and accessory pieces to come will make it clear of who it is. I hope. Either way...

I am pleased! Now I just have to make a tuxedo and a straight jacket. It will be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment