Saturday 12 January 2013

Day 69: Upholstery Fabric


Almost finished! Remember the vest pattern I was talking about a few days ago? Well... Here is the almost completed product. Not perfect by any means, but actually pretty good! It is for a White Rabbit inspired-type costume that I'm hoping to finish by comic expo (I would refer to it as comic con, but someone ragged on me for calling it comic con, which I think is silly, because people still know what you're talking about. Any ways, kind of off topic). I'm also planning to make a couple other costumes of the steampunk genre. Maybe even a Tim Burton inspired one (lots of black and white stripes!) 

The vest is going quite well. It's made primarily out of upholstery material. I'm a huge fan of using upholstery material for projects. It's heavy, textured, wonderful patterns.... What's not to love? I was initially going to go for a darker gold fabric, kind of like the colour of the waistcoat of the actual rabbit. But then I decided that I wasn't going to be making the checked jacket, so no worries. Also, I think it's better. Plus, I can use it for various outfits of the steampunk and Victorian genre, which is good. Now, just a bit more finishing to do, add some buttons and eyelets (it will have lacing in the back). After that, I believe it will be done. Then it will be onto bustle, shorts, and spats. And getting my hands on the right socks and flats. Oh, and a pocket watch that will accent the outfit nicely (it's mostly going to be golds and browns and creams, so naturally, brass- or gold-tone would be good).

In other news, two of my mice have figured out running on the wheel at the same time. I think it's super exciting. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment