Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 79: Horse Hair


I keep half-cheating and posting things that are half-related to school. However, I think it can count any ways. It is just a test, and not my actual assignment. My weaving instructor gave me three bundles of horse hair, and I am intending to utilize it in my Old West/Whiskey Trade inspired weaving series. However, I wanted to play around a bit. I attempted making needle lace out of horse hair. Successful? Not in the least. Still, it looks neat. I've always liked how horse hair twists and braids in itself. Whenever I was little I was fascinated with the mysterious folds in a horse's mane. I was particularly fascinated by the superstitious tales of witches associated with them. And so, here I am weaving with horse hair... and hopefully weave tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment