Friday 11 January 2013

Day 68: Early to rise, late to bed

Exhausted. So tired. But worth it, after seeing Django: Unchained (I recommend it to any fans of Westerns and movies like Kill Bill). Any ways, not important.

 

I drew mice! Not my mice, specifically (though I attempted. However, all of them spent a good part of the day in their well-built nest, cuddling and napping. They're starting to be active now, and I know that they have left their house occasionally because they ate all of the fresh fruit and veg I left out for them). Still, I drew mice. I looked up mice symbolism this morning, because I was curious. The most interesting one I read was the superstition that mice are the carrier of souls, because of their burrowing habits. Since they dig underground, they must have connections to the underworld. I find the idea fascinating. After getting to know my mice, I have this adorable image of a mouse snatching a soul, which in this image looks like whispy soft silk, and then dashing away. And yes, they do that (I gave my mice some scrap silk and cotton to nest with, and I am proud of those little creatures- They love silk!). After reading a bit more, something I read inspired me to draw  a mouse king. In a 14th century British crown. The thing I read had to do with mice and rats having more power than kings and queens during the time of the black plague. Fascinating, no?

In other news, I got my first batch of fish eye lomography photographs back. 


Turns out I take a lot of photographs of trees. If someone flipped through the photos, they would probably think that I was attempting to be some kind of soulful artist who takes photographs of abandoned things.

No, not soulful. That's just what was available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment