Tuesday 1 January 2013

Day 58: Antlers

 

Another art doll! I was inspired by the idea of a girl with antlers, and kind of a spirit of the woods kind of thing. I made the antlers out of wire wrapped with wool and cotton thread. Her body is sewn from silk, and tea stained in an ombre type fashion. I wanted to tea stain it to reference a fawn's body. I didn't get the dots that are found on a fawn's body, but nonetheless... I'm thinking about ombre tea staining the wool hair a little bit, but I haven't decided yet. Her dress is made of raw silk, vintage lace, stitched with with bits of wool. Her outfit is topped off with a wrap of fox fur, to keep her warm in the forest. I might embroider her body with something, but I haven't decided yet. Regardless... I like her. 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment