Sunday 14 April 2013

Day 161: We can't stop here...


Today, I drove back to Calgary. Now, I've been reading some Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and I've been thinking about the movie, and how the phrase 'We can't stop here- This is BAT COUNTRY!' resonates with me. On one of my numerous breaks (I pull over regularly to stretch or shift or change CDs or whatever), I decided to take this photo. Then, I edited it using the 'creative' photo editing aspect of Picasso Photo Editor (the creative aspect is where you can draw and add speech bubbles and silly things!). As you can see, I drew in bats (poorly), and added a speech bubble, with (a mild paraphrase of) the famous words. Also, I added a tint to my sunglasses in order to make them look more Hunter S. Thompson-like. Errather, Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson like... Any ways, I was thinking of this image:


Only thing is, I had to make some changes. Such as the fact that I don't smoke, didn't have a hat, or a Hawaiian shirt, or actual yellow tinted sunglasses or... Anything, for that matter. Still, I did my best. All the while thinking of Ralph Steadman's illustrations for the original book.

No comments:

Post a Comment