Sunday 21 April 2013

Day 168: Don't oggle my goggles

Decorated some goggles, for my Dorothy costume. They turned out quite nicely, but they're really grungy looking. They'd be perfect for Dorothy as a tornado traveller or something of the sort. Only thing is, my Dorothy isn't like that. I would have to grunge everything up in order to have the goggles fit. I'm going to play around and see. I'd like to have goggles, but they're not perfectly necessary. But boy, do they look good with my newly reddened hair. Sadly, I did find a pair of second hand glasses that would have been perfect. They were at Value Village, and I could have painted the lenses green or put green cellophane behind the lenses. However, I did not buy them, as they were FIFTEEN DOLLARS. Seriously. At a thrift store. I don't think I want to try shopping at Value Village any more. A few things are cool, but it's so much more expensive than it used to be. Which is stupid. I am not pleased. Ah well. There are plenty of thrift stores in the metaphorical sea. 
...Of thrift stores.

In other news, I learned what happens when you try to add fancy icing to cupcakes when they're still warm. It melts! I knew that was going to happen, but I didn't really care. By the time I ate them, they reminded me of Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat. The movie version with Mike Myers. The purple colour I made is almost the exact same as the movie. Weird. However, when the icing was not warmed, the way I decorated the cupcakes looked cool. Star shapes all over. It's so exciting to have a piping set! So much fun to play with. Thank you to my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment