Saturday 20 April 2013

Day 167: BATCNTRY


Today's valuable lessons are few, but important. Maybe. The first and foremost is that 'country' is not necessarily a word that should be abbreviated. Mostly because there is no formal abbreviation, and in order to make sense, it can only be achieved by removing the 2/3rds of the vowels. Actually, that might be the only lesson. Other than the fact that cross-stitching is not a good thing to do when overly tired. Nor is it a good project to start at 12:30 AM. At one point my stitches were going the wrong way, and I almost cried. (Almost. I didn't actually cry. It was just moderately depressing to have to take out stitches and fix them). Still, I felt like making a small cross-stitched patch that just says Bat Country (Hunter S. Thompson inspired), only abbreviated and obscure, would be cool. And that's what I did. But, naturally, it's almost 1 AM, so I can't finish it. Or won't. The only reason I did as much as I did was because I was watching Paranormal State, which I enjoy. However, that was until YouTube decided that loading properly and playing the full video to the end instead of restarting... things like that just didn't seem acceptable to YouTube, apparently. Now my room is eerily quiet and after having some more run-ins with the scary noises that my wall makes,  I'm a little paranoid. I'm going to go to bed. Still, though, I wish that I had some background noise while writing this. I could have listened to music, but I don't like listening to music before bed. Mostly because I never, ever, stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment