Saturday 5 October 2013

Day 334 & 335: Adventures in Friendship

I don't have images, but yesterday and today were very long, very rich, full days. I am posting about both days at the same time, because both have bled into each other. Apparently that's what happens when a group of friends stay up until 4:30 in the morning, and one of the friends sleeps on the couch.

I started yesterday (the fourth) with watching excessive amounts of Sabrina, The Teenage Witch (what can I say; I'm on a bit of a 1990s teen television binge, but only in regards to shows that center around paranormal or supernatural or Hallowe'en things) and working on my straight-jacket. I spent the day drinking tea, wearing my pajamas, and sewing my heart out. Around one o'clock, I got dressed, and headed out to meet my friend to discuss ideas for possible photo shoots. We met at Chapters, which was delightful, and we came up with lots of good ideas, along with having lots of pleasant and inspiring conversations. It's always nice to spend time with friends, especially those who are similar, with similar views, interests, and all of that fun stuff. We got inspired, came up with lots spooky, and creepy ideas. After jotting, and thinking for a while, my friend asked if we could go to Value Village (she wanted to go thrift shopping with me, because I find interesting things), so we went to my house, grabbed the car (and my husband) and we went to the thrift store. She found a wealth of exciting things. From there, we went to our house, and we ate, drank, and played Settlers of Catan. We had some absinthe, and we ended up going to bed at 4:30. To be safe, she ended up spending the night, and we drove her back the next day on our way to...

That brings us to today (the fifth). We went to an event that our friend had organized. His uncle passed away about a month ago, and the family was trying to get rid of the items that he had collected. Our friend offered the steampunk group the opportunity to come and take items. All kinds of books, suitcases, metal ornaments, clothing, kitchen things, so on, and so forth. It was very generous of them, while also helping themselves. We took a few suitcases (to use as storage under our bed), along with some books, interesting brass items, and some attache cases. I took one almost strictly for the key. It was interesting to see so many things, and such a collection of items that were valued for one reason or another by our friend's uncle. 

Now, we are curled up watching The Woman in Black. We ate some pie, and are drinking double bergamot Earl Grey tea. Tasty, and cozy. Lazy afternoon... mostly because it's a bit dreary outside, and we're too exhausted to be bothered to do much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment