Wednesday 30 October 2013

Day 360: The night before All Hallow's Evening...

We decorated, we planned, we carved. Tomorrow is Hallowe'en, and guess what we're super excited about? My husband and I love Hallowe'en. We are dressing up, hosting a small get-together to watch movies, and giving treats to costumed children. 

This evening, we carved pumpkins.

This is mine,  based on the character Otis from House of 1000 Corpses (I would have based it off of The Devil's Rejects, because I like that movie better, but there is some imagery of Ho1000C that I like better, and is more interesting to carve into a pumpkin).


Here are our Jack o' Lanterns (see my husband's super cool Joker lantern!).


Then we  roasted the unborn.


I know that it's morbid... but it's true. Let the record be shown that I'm one of the few people who tends to feel guilty when I'm cutting up vegetables or making breads with yeast. I mean...  how do I know that it can't feel pain? Have you read Roald Dahl's creepy tree story? Trees with feelings? Ergo, I feel guilty when I'm gutting vegetables... and gourds. Particularly peppers. Y'know when there's the tiny beginning of a pepper inside of it? I just destroyed its mother. I digress. But yeah. That's why I feel comfortable with referring to seeds as the unborn. Nonetheless, delicious. 

Excited for tomorrow! There will be lots of stories to tell!

Oh, also, here is my face.


ERMAGERD. STERCHERS.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment