Monday 7 October 2013

Day 337: Mini-Sabbatical


Today, I took a mini-sabbatical. I decided that it was more worth my time to stay home, and get Grad class work done. It was the best way of taking a bit of stress off of my mind. 

I started my day with creepy make-up, then moved to finishing the body of my straight-jacket (commence embroidery!), start beading my corset, and then I made pretzel-bun-things to add to supper. I felt like I got a lot more out of my day, which was much-needed. The weekend was just too busy, but also too lazy.




In the photographs, the straight-jacket actually looks like it could be a mid-century straight jacket. Which is neat. Even cooler- dead cows make for the perfect photography background! Who knew. The straight jacket also works. I can't get out of it very easily. My husband can get out of it a bit easier, but that's because it's too small for him. The last photograph is the work-in-progress beading detail on my Elizabeth Bathory corset. The aim is to make it look like dripping blood, while also being encrusted in class beads. So far so good... almost starting to look like blood... almost

No comments:

Post a Comment