Friday 18 October 2013

Day 348: Kitchen Magic


A successful day in the kitchen! Friday night is pizza night, and I keep getting better at making pizza every week! This week's flavour was an arbitrary collection of things that we had in the fridge. Tomato sauce (technically pasta sauce), cheese, Italian herb mix, green peppers, bacon, mushrooms, red onion, and squash. Yes, squash. (Guess what, Mum! We cooked, and ate squash two days in a row!) I tried putting squash on pizza because the organic market in Kensington had an amazing pizza with goat cheese, squash, and a bunch of other delicious toppings. The more toppings, the more eclectic... the better. It seems that, often times, the weirder combination, the better. Hello, Tasty McTastiness.

In other news, I also made sugar cookies. It's been a while since I've made any kind of roll-out/cut out cookies. 


I finally gave myself the opportunity to use my fancy cookie cutters. My mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law gave my husband and me fancy cookie cutters for our wedding. Woodland creatures, and voodoo doll cookie cutter. We also had bought a "ginger dead man" cookie cutter a while ago, but I never had the opportunity to use it. And thus, today, I made fox cookies, voodoo doll cookies, and skeleton cookies. They are delicious. I'm proud of myself; this is the second week in a row that I have welcomed my husband home with the surprise of freshly baked cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment