Wednesday 23 October 2013

Day 353: Back in order, but nothing to show

My headache is gone, but I don't have anything to show for it. I didn't do anything today, other than think about ideas, and take notes. At the moment, when I don't have to work on projects, I don't want to do anything except laze around, and waste time on Pinterest. Still, Pinterest can be really inspiring, especially when you are mining for particular ideas and themes. I'm at an odd sort of stand still right now. I'm in the middle of writing my grad paper, and thinking about the work that I want to be my body of work. We had a midterm critique in the senior class, and in the middle of it, I realized that I didn't want to be making the work that I've been making. The one thing that relates all of my work is the fact that it's heavily researched, and is influenced by history in some way. However, I am currently most interested in the history of witchcraft, particularly the symbolism, and the Salem Witch Trials. I have so many ideas, particularly in regards to things that are almost strictly formal. I want to break away from the work that I have been working on, and diverge completely. Only create work that is inspired by the occult. It's an odd place to be. I might discuss it with my instructor. I'm a bit troubled by it. It also doesn't help that the strongest work I've been creating is in other classes, and are pieces centering around myself. Again, I'm rather troubled. Where do I go from here? How can I completely change gears, especially when I need to be writing a grad paper that is fairly encompassing of all of the work that I produce?

No comments:

Post a Comment