Sunday 2 December 2012

Day 28: Of Foxworthing Manor

 
How does one become a member of Foxworthing Manor? Well, after reading all of the Knicker Misadventures stories and comics, you must walk the walk and dress the part!

Perhaps this isn't terribly creative, but it made me quite happy to do so. My activity for the day was dressing as a person who would live in Foxworthing Manor. Not one of my current characters, but rather combining aspects that are quintessential to having one's own misadventures. Admittedly, my photos are terribly blurry, and the background isn't ideal (I was at a friend's house, and I needed someone to photograph me), but perhaps one day when I start my clothing collection based off of the Knicker Misadventures, I will have beautiful and extravagant photo shoots. What fun!

So, how exactly does one dress in the fashion of Knicker Misadventures? There are many ways, but there are a few components that are always necessary. I dressed entirely in black, but similar to my characters, you can dress in whatever colour you choose!

Hair Bows- Mine are not terribly visible in the photographs, but similar to Wednesday, I have a black hair bow on either side of my head.

Lacy Collar and Buttons- In the photo, you can kind of see the shirt that I am wearing. It has a collar with a small frill around the edge, and there are three buttons. I got this shirt from Blame Betty, in Calgary. It is very much like a shirt that Alice or Blue Paws would wear. Lace and frills are a must, even in small quantities (unless you are Wednesday, of course, but even she has a collar on her dress).

Full skirt- Since I wanted to wear my beautiful collared shirt, I wore my high waisted lolita skirt. All of the characters in the Knicker Misadventures wear dresses (except for the bearded lady and the gentlemen), but a high waisted skirt will do in a pinch... As long as the skirt is full! Zephyr wears a tunic style dress, but most occupants of the house wear full skirted dresses. After all, you can hide all kinds of things in a large skirt, especially if there are pockets. Just remember- skirts should be knee length!

Striped stockings- Socks with stripes, especially black and white, are just strange enough to be worn by characters like those who reside in the Foxworthing Manor.

I also wore a cardigan, but cardigans are not necessary. However, it is winter, so wearing layers that provide warmth are an intelligent choice.

Now you know how to dress like a resident of Foxworthing Manor, if you so choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment