Saturday 15 December 2012

Day 41: Winter Coat


This is a new-old winter coat that a friend of the family (and friend of mine) gave me. It's such a great coat. Hemp, recycled polyester with a weird printed pattern on it, faux fur trimmed hood, goose down, and all around a cool military look about it. It's really cozy and I like it quite a bit (though I enjoy my wool pea coat just as much and will continue to be faithful to it). While taking my dogs on a nice long walk, I decided to model it, only in a way that looks dead serious. I've had this thing about American Gothic recently, and the idea of looking dead serious in any given situation, especially those when you should be delighted.

What a faithful dog. Don't worry, he got lots of  pats after this, and didn't
seem at all concerned by my serious demeanour.
I also edited the photos to look old and quirky, as an homage to the fact that I had been taking several photographs with my lomography fisheye camera. I also managed to get this weird candid photo:


Look at us, the three prairie walking musketeers! Oh, fun note- see that little bit of greenish-brown boot at the bottom of the photo? That is legit ranch wear. The interesting fleece lined galosh-winter boot hybrid. They're great, for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment