Wednesday 19 December 2012

Day 45: In which I return to a normal blogging schedule

After my two night holiday in Saskatoon, I am back home and back to some type of schedule. I'm kind of tired, so I won't be doing anything of the cleverest creativity. However, today we picked up this box full of unwanted doilies and lace from a thrift store, and my mum and I had a ball going it through it. My mum had asked the thrift store to set aside any lace things that could not be sold due to damages. The box is a banker box size, full of things that would look flawless until you take a really close look.

ALL OF THE LACE!
Some are really interesting pieces. My favourite is this really weird one that doesn't make any sense. My mother described it as 'a happy disaster'.


This had been a pattern for those covers that you put on back and arms of an armchair, so that you can protect it. The fabric was printed in spots, so that colour would show up after you embroidered it. It apparently also had all of the lines for where to cut. This person had embroidered EVERYTHING, including the pattern number (chair set no. 530), and all of the cut lines. Strange... furthermore curious that they embroidered a full flower in between two sections, and over top of where they had already embroidered one of the 'chair set no. 530'.

No comments:

Post a Comment