Sunday 9 December 2012

Day 35: Fleas and sutures


I can't say that I really did anything extremely creative today, but I did make some interesting finds. I also had a reflective day, full of powerful conversation and thought-invoking ideas. All in all a good Sunday. A friend of mine and I went to the Hillhurst Flea Market, and the result was an antique that I've been wanting for ages. A straight razor! I've been eyeing a few for a while, but they're on Etsy and really expensive. This one is estimated to be circle 1910s-20s, and came with a handmade leather case. It's so beautiful, and was only $20, which decent for any straight razor from any given time period. The man who sold it to me also tossed in this photograph that I fell in love with. Isn't it odd how I can be absolutely enchanted with the image in the photograph.

In other news, one thing that I've been working on is learning how to make sutures. Recently I was reintroduced to the opportunity to follow a career path that has been in and out and in of my mind since I was 12 or so years old. Since I can't do it  yet (due to the fact that I need to finish my BFA), I am preparing by doing lots of reading and learning how to do various types of sutures. This is also allowing me to follow a form of Laura Flook inspiration, only in reverse order.

Even if I didn't make anything, life is really good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment