Thursday 20 December 2012

Day 46: Grimm's Fairy Tales

Today was a great landmark for fairy tale lovers. December 20th 2012 marked the 200th anniversary of the fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm. In honour of this, I did a photo shoot. Before you see the photos, I will say a couple of things. First, snow is cold on bare feet. It might seem like a grand idea to have bare feet in a wintery photo shoot, but it's not practical. Secondly, even when it's nice out, a winter coat is a welcome source of warmth. Yes, I went outside to take this photos in the winter. It was really nice out, but even then it can get a little chilly. I had this great idea of having bare feet, but I quickly gave up on it when I saw that you can barely tell in the image. Another time, perhaps!

These photos are inspired by Red Riding Hood and Snow White. Also Snow White & Rose Red, which is one of my absolute favourites in the way of fairy tales. I would like to mention the things that went into the wardrobe for the photographs. Borrowed silky warm red scarf, a white rabbit fur muff, a 19th century beaded and embroidered mesh shawl, vintage leather gloves, a vintage fur collar, a replica flintlock pistol. All put together with some black garments to create something that I quite like. Though the Snow White photographs hardly relate to Snow White or share a similarity. Still, it is what inspired it. Mostly the evil queen, to be honest. Still, some Snow White-ness shines through. 


 


I'd like to do more like this. By the way, I think I could make a great model. My reasoning is mostly because I already put myself through silly things like taking photographs in the winter without a coat and laying down on the snow. Fun times! Just... not practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment