Friday 28 December 2012

Day 54: Tired

Today I was really tired and sore. From the wood cutting yesterday. I also went to bed really early, and this time it caught up with me. I got up at 10:30, and still I was exhausted and almost fell asleep at the breakfast table. Due to my being tired, I wasn't terribly motivated. I wanted to attempt this recipe for small tea cakes with orange-scented butter cream. However, it seemed like more work than I wanted to do. Instead, I took the idea of infusing butter with Earl Grey tea (my favourite!). I made icing with said tea infused butter. It tastes really good. I used the icing to put on top of brown sugar cookies. I have come to swear by the recipe, and it seemed like a good idea to put tea flavoured icing on top instead of just browned butter icing.

Spent Earl Grey teabags used to infuse butter. I don't drink Earl Grey from bags, so this was a good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment