Monday 3 December 2012

Day 29: Not much work is done


It was a beautiful day out today! There's something marvelous about a bright blue sky and hoar frost. Beautiful!


Not much was done today, but I did start painting the inside of a box. My intention is to paint the inside of a wooden box to make it resemble a nebula or outer space in general, and then my needle felted fox will live inside. I'm basically thinking of various ways to display them, because I'll be making a few and I want them to have their own environment. I'm also toying with the idea of a shadow box with a painted sky. That would keep the fox behind glass, though. Maybe not a bad thing, though, because it would preserve the felted fox and ensure that it would be kept safe forever. I'll toy around with different presentation forms. 

This box is going to be going through a lot more work, and will eventually have painted stars and such. Since I'm making more than one fox, I'm thinking of making a light blue sleeping fox to put in the box, and maybe the pink one will go in a shadow box with a painted sky. Choices, choices, choices.

Recently I've been kind of obsessed with the idea of a cosmic fox. It combines two of the most beautiful things in the galaxy- the galaxy itself and foxes. I had this dream where I was writing a song about a cosmic fox, but then I realized that since it's a cosmic fox, the song would have to be an entire introspective concept album. This dream was about me trying to write this really cool riff and lyrics on guitar, but when I realized that the song was bigger than that, the song ended up just being the chords for Modern Romance by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Only it's the same chords over and over and over again. Eventually, the only point is that your mind kind of melts and then you start seeing the cosmic fox, and nothing else matters! Because at that point... the cosmic fox... it's real

Or something.

Any ways, painted backgrounds for foxes. It's happening. Over Christmas break I'll be needle felting several more foxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment